"Quality is our lodestar at Rupa. Since inception to the present day, we have never, and we shall never, compromise on quality. Because, if you follow quality, everything else will follow automatically."
Quality is the motto that drives Rupa onwards. Total quality is the hallmark of all Rupa products.
This pursuit of quality without compromise is achieved by single-minded focus on innovation and research, continuous upgrading of machinery, stringent quality control measures, and international-standard production norms.
Quality is implemented at all levels, from Project Planning, Design and Documentation, to Execution and Supervision by a qualified and motivated workforce, nurtured and guided by dedicated supervisors in an ambience of excellence. Quality-control measures are followed at all stages of production from purchase of yarn till the resultant end product.
The Company possesses one of the most modern dyeing plants in India; this unit is located at Domjur, 8 km from Kolkata. Equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, the Domjur plant is supported by a sophisticated in-house laboratory and R & D facilities.
Computerized equipment has also been installed to check the fabric and colour, comprising :
- Mayer and cie knitting machines from Germany.
- Mayer & Cie Auto Striper machines from Germany
- Thies soft flow dyeing machines from Germany.
- Thies yarn dyeing machines from Germany.
- Fongs Softflow fabric dyeing machines.
- Santex finishing range from Switzerland.
- Strahm finishing range from Switzerland.
- Bruckner 8 Chamber Stenter from Germany.
- Datacolor colour matching system from USA.
- Mathis Laboratory dyeing machine from Switzerland.
- Latest stitching machines from Japan.
The Company continues to hold the ISO 9001:2008 certificate, reflecting globally benchmarked manufacturing standards. And the numerous awards and accolades are further proof of the highest standards of quality that are a way of life at Rupa.